Experiential Learning Toolkit
- Instructional design and media development for the 'EL Toolkit': a website that provides information, examples, and templates for designing, delivering, facilitating, and evaluating experiential learning (EL) in post-secondary education. Project Lead: Niagara College. Project Parners: Brock University, Georgian College.
Community-Based Research Project
- Development of a bundled set of experiential learning themed adaptable eLearning modules with complete scope that develops foundational skills in community-based research. Project Lead: Trent University.
Business OER Environmental Scan
- As part of eCampusOntario’s ‘Open at Scale’ initiative, Kyle Mackie Consulting Ltd. was recently contracted to conduct an environmental scan of business open educational resources (OER). This environmental scan is meant to identify existing or soon-to-be released business OER that can be used in college- and university-level business courses by post-secondary institutions based in Ontario, Canada. Final report available here.
Gettin' Air podcast - hosted by @greeneterry
Work Integrated Learning Modules
- Development of 31 modules in support of WIL preparedness. Project Lead: Niagara College. Project Partners: Georgian College, Lambton College, Algonquin College.
Learning by Doing: Experiential Education in Post-Secondary Education (in production)
- co-author of open textbook in support of upper-level Brock University course on Experiential Education.
Western Ontario College Educator Development Program
- Development of eLearning modules to support newly-hired educators at Western Ontario Colleges (partners: Niagara College, St. Clair College, Lambton College, Fanshawe College, Conestoga College, Mohawk College). These modules are licensed for reuse under Creative Commons, and available on merlot.org.
|Creating a Positive Learning Environment||Integrating Technology|
|Introduction to Assessment||The Teaching Professional|
|Outcomes-Based Education||Lesson Planning and Active Learning|
- Redevelopment of "Faculty Guide to Teaching and Learning with Technology"
- Information architecture and multimedia for eLearning information webpages
- Technical co-ordination of new course development in support of expansion of Bachelor of Education in Adult Education program
- Research and resource development in support of blended and online learning course development.
- eLearning course development for delivery through Ontario Learn and the Ontario Online Institute.
- Content review, video work and communications for Blended and Online Teaching Certificate and Open Educational Resources.
- Presentation and consultation in support of the University's learning management system review.
Creating Pathways to Success
- Development of online Hybrid Course Design Guide in collaboration with the Ontario Ministry of Education and 12 Ontario District School Boards in support of career/life planning.
Afro-Hispanic Literature Virtual Conference (University of Guelph)
- Technology planning, implementation and support of a week-long virtual conference involving participation and presentations from 14 countries.
The Writers' Workshop (University of Guelph)
- "140 Characters of Awesome: Writing for Twitter" workshop.
Canadian eLearning Conference
- "Scenarios for the Use of ePortfolios in Higher Education" pre-conference workshop.
Instructional Technology Council Annual eLearning Conference
- "Web 2.0 Analytics: Knowledge is Power (I Still Know What You Did Last Summer)" invited presentation.
University of Guelph
- Management and coordination of learning management system migration.
- Website and business development for full-service web design company. Northern Village provides accessible, affordable, easy to edit, custom websites for businesses, charities and community organizations, marketing companies, arts organizations and artists, and educational clients.
Educause Annual Conference
- "Beyond alt Tags: Creating Accessible Courses in a Learning Management System” poster presentation.