Development work in Pressbooks and H5P
- Intercultural Awareness and Competence
- Introduction to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Designing and Developing High-Quality Student-Centred Online/Hybrid Learning Experiences
- Learning Analytics - Data-Informed Design for Teaching and Learning
- The Connected Educator
- Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy
- Liberated Learners - How To Learn With Style
- Building a Better Thesis Statement
Universal Design for Learning Framework and Universal Design for Learning Case Studies
Interactive UDL worksheets (built in H5P) based on Takacs, S., Zhang, J (2020). Universal Design for Learning: A Practical Guide. Centre for Teaching, Learning, and Innovation. Justice Institute of British Columbia https://ctli.jibc.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/UDL_A_Practical_Guide.pdf
Low Bandwidth Teaching and Learning (ebook)
Recently-published ebook focused on straightforward approaches to reducing file sizes so you can more easily share them with students.
I recently created and published 3 templates for creating h5p content-types. These are described in detail, with links to downloadable versions, on my website: Glossary, Tab, Accordion.
Instructional design and development of Thriving in Action Online website.
Design and delivery of face-to-face workshops for faculty who are new to teaching online. Compendium materials developed in H5P.
A course developed for planning professionals: focused on strategies to pursue community energy pathways and support tools required to execute new initiatives. Development of 3 online modules for program. Built in #H5P with embedded original videos, including interviews from a number of thought leaders.
Experiential Learning Toolkit
- Instructional design and media development for the 'EL Toolkit': a website that provides information, examples, and templates for designing, delivering, facilitating, and evaluating experiential learning (EL) in post-secondary education. Project Lead: Niagara College. Project Partners: Brock University, Georgian College.
Community-Based Research Project
- Development of a bundled set of experiential learning themed adaptable eLearning modules with complete scope that develops foundational skills in community-based research. Project Lead: Trent University.
Business OER Environmental Scan
- As part of eCampusOntario’s ‘Open at Scale’ initiative, Kyle Mackie Consulting Ltd. was recently contracted to conduct an environmental scan of business open educational resources (OER). This environmental scan is meant to identify existing or soon-to-be released business OER that can be used in college- and university-level business courses by post-secondary institutions based in Ontario, Canada. Final report available here.
Gettin' Air podcast - hosted by @greeneterry
Work Integrated Learning Modules
- Development of 31 modules in support of WIL preparedness. Project Lead: Niagara College. Project Partners: Georgian College, Lambton College, Algonquin College.
Learning by Doing: Experiential Education in Post-Secondary Education (in production)
- co-author of open textbook in support of upper-level Brock University course on Experiential Education.
Western Ontario College Educator Development Program
- Development of eLearning modules to support newly-hired educators at Western Ontario Colleges (partners: Niagara College, St. Clair College, Lambton College, Fanshawe College, Conestoga College, Mohawk College). These modules are licensed for reuse under Creative Commons, and available on merlot.org.
- Redevelopment of "Faculty Guide to Teaching and Learning with Technology"
- Information architecture and multimedia for eLearning information webpages
- Technical co-ordination of new course development in support of expansion of Bachelor of Education in Adult Education program
- Content review, video work and communications for Blended and Online Teaching Certificate and Open Educational Resources.
- Presentation and consultation in support of the University's learning management system review.
Creating Pathways to Success
- Development of online Hybrid Course Design Guide in collaboration with the Ontario Ministry of Education and 12 Ontario District School Boards in support of career/life planning.
Afro-Hispanic Literature Virtual Conference (University of Guelph)
- Technology planning, implementation and support of a week-long virtual conference involving participation and presentations from 14 countries.
The Writers' Workshop (University of Guelph)
- "140 Characters of Awesome: Writing for Twitter" workshop.
Canadian eLearning Conference
- "Scenarios for the Use of ePortfolios in Higher Education" pre-conference workshop.
Instructional Technology Council Annual eLearning Conference
- "Analytics: Knowledge is Power (I Still Know What You Did Last Summer)" invited presentation.
University of Guelph
- Management and coordination of learning management system migration.
- Website and business development for full-service web design company. Northern Village provides accessible, affordable, easy to edit, custom websites for businesses, charities and community organizations, marketing companies, arts organizations and artists, and educational clients.
Educause Annual Conference
- "Beyond alt Tags: Creating Accessible Courses in a Learning Management System” poster presentation.